Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Measure of Bible Study


"Has your study of the Bible made you more humble, or more proud - proud of the knowledge you have acquired? Has it raised you in the esteem of your fellow men, or has it led you to take a lower place before God? Has it produced in you a deeper abhorrence and loathing of self, or has it made you more complacent? Has it caused those you mingle with, or perhaps teach, to say, I wish I had your knowledge of the Bible; or does it cause you to pray, Lord give me the faith, the grace, the holiness Thou hast granted my friend, or teacher? 'Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that they profiting may appear unto all' (I Timothy 6:15)"

A.W. Pink (Profiting From the Word, pg.18. Publ. Banner of Truth 1971, distributed by Chapel Library)

No comments: