Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Prayer Requests


1Thessalonians 5:25 Brethren, pray for us.

I hope that our readers have a daily habit of prolonged prayer before God's Throne. I often catch myself in a routine that lacks fervency and unction and seem to weekly and often daily confess my lack thereof. Knowing the Holy Spirit gives me the ability and power my first thoughts are for His help before I plunge into the substance of my prayers. I've recently began using a systematic method during my prayer time and find it most helpful. Part of this system is to use a printed list to help my dwindling memory.

The church received a number of prayer requests over the past week and I thought it would be helpful to post them as a reminder to our church members who visit this blog.

Pastor David Butler (Yellville, AR) has taken an indefinite sabbatical due to serious health problems. In addition to his physical needs his wife, Kathy, requests prayer for wisdom in decision making during this time.

Kim Downing (husband Pastor Jimmy Downing, Pontchatoula, LA,) has a severe vertigo and ear infection problem and needs our intercession. (We met and heard Pastor Jimmy Downing speak at the 2008 Conference at Bible Baptist Church in St. Louis and were impressed by his heart and soul for Christ.)

George and Margaret McGuinness need traveling mercy as they attend the funeral of George's brother John in Scotland.

Missionaries Trevor and Teresa Johnson are on state-side furlough and need traveling mercy and rest during their busy time.

John and Kathy Hunter are back in the states after their stint in Guyana filling in for brother Almond Katryan. They will be visiting with us in June. They continue to seek God's will in their future endeavors.

And remember always to pray for our pastor, his family, and our church siblings - as we will remember you all.



posted by john d.



No comments: