Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Faith, Hope, Love

Another exerpt from the "Reminiscences" regarding street preacher Robert Flockhart by James Robertson.

"As his end drew near, his thoughts appeared to dwell the more delightedly on 'the things that are above'. For instance, one afternoon when heaven was the theme of our conversation, he remarked that 'Faith, Hope, and Love will be our good company all the way up to the door of our Father's house. But there Faith will make her bow, and retire, saying, 'You'll not need me more, for you're now to see Him as he is, without a veil'. And Hope, too, will say, 'Farewell! I've been glad to get you guided this length. And now, when I've served your turn, I must see after other pilgrims coming the same road.' But Love will smile and say, 'You and I are not to part that way. No, no! I'm going in to stay with you to all eternity'.



Rev 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying, "Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on." "Blessed indeed," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!"




(From Autobiography of Robert Flockhart - The Street Preacher, publ. Baker Book House, 1977)

posted by john d.

No comments: