Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another Passing Era



For some of you that have kept up with this post you are aware of my father's death last year. On early Tuesday morning my mother also passed away.

My wife and I were called at about 1:15 a.m. by the nursing home staff and informed of her death. When we arrived at the nursing home we were met by the head nurse and ushered in mom's room. Mom had been ill for some time with congestive heart failure. The nurse stated mom seemed to be feeling better due to a medication change and she spoke with her often during the evening. The nurse said she stayed with mom through the evening but when she left to check on other residents and returned mom had died.

My sisters have been given the task of funeral arrangements and as of this posting nothing has of yet been determined.

I'd appreciate your prayers especially for the ability to speak to my siblings and friends about the hope in the Lord Jesus Christ that overcomes the grief associated with death.

UPDATE

For those interested, a memorial service is scheduled for mom at the Grace Bible Church in Bruce, Wisconsin, on Saturday, January 24, 2009, at 1 p.m.



No comments: